You may ask, “what is going on in my relationship, why do I feel disconnected”? Or, “why is my marriage struggling”? Or, “where did the passion and happiness go”?
What’s the fairytale you aren’t currently living? Disney did not prepare us for this!
The frog is supposed to turn into the prince, not the other way around! i.e. the prince turns into the frog.
My friend Alison Armstrong, shares this “frog farming” concept that maybe you, like me, have experienced in the past. Alison is one of my relationship “go-to’s” and a student of male-female relationship dynamics.
Listen in to our CouchTalk episode below!
We all know…
Men and women are different.
We are designed to be different.
Oh, so thank you God! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>
Yes, designed to be different….
However, we are all designed to not be alone, but to have a soul mate.
Ahh, but living with our mate/soulmate may have it’s challenges.
However, we are in this TOGETHER!
In my studies on sexual health and optimal relationships, creating the glue for healthy relationships is certainly an ongoing lifelong fun (sometimes not so fun) process that, with God in the center, has infinite benefits:
Joy, good health, community, generational benefits and so much more!
There are 7 key areas of your life to consider in your quest to a healthy relationship. All of these things impact your health, your ability to be intimate and confident, your ability to connect with your partner.
- Environmental and
Each of these has many components we can – and should – look at.
(Y’all, even the best athletes have coaches and know they can be better.)
For example, let’s look for a moment at “Physical” considerations in a relationship. A relationship isn’t just about attraction, it is about how you feel, physically.
There are a variety of physical causes or barriers to sexual intimacy and vitality, such as:
- General health issues
- Anatomy, structure and function
- Nutritional factors
For example, some of these physical aspects are:
1. Hormones: understanding which hormones have the most impact, how you can test for them and what to do about hormone deficiencies and surpluses. Hormones we cover include key “relationship health” hormones such as: Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEA, cortisol, Vitamin D, and Oxytocin (my favorite as you know!).
2. General Health issues such as:
- Movement: Exercise increases growth hormone and testosterone
- Sleep: incredibly important to health, hormones and our “wow” factor! (mood, vibrancy & intimacy!)
- 7 keys to Restorative Health: Obstacles to achieving optimal health
3. Inflammation: What are things that could be causing inflammation? Preservatives, toxins, sugars, and industry versus nature!
4. Anatomy; the structure and function of more than our pelvis should be addressed. Issues relating to musculature, pain, trauma, numbness and nerves/toes! (In my program I teach what our toes tell us about sexual health 🙂
5. Nutritional factors
- Committing to eating a libido boosting diet!
- Protein at every meal
- Tyrosine, arginine rich foods such as eggs, fish and nuts
- Foods to support the thyroid contain Iodine, zinc, selenium = sushi, seaweed, oysters, brazil nuts
- No white, no wheat, no sweet, very little red meat
- Supplements such as Omega’3, Mighty Maca, DHEA, arginine
So you can see, there is a lot that impacts how you feel physically…and in turn, that impacts your ability to be vibrant and connect with your parter.
I encourage you to listen in to my FREE Webinar Help Doctor My Sex Drive Has No Pulse, to really see the multifactorial approach that can breathe life back into your relationship and improve upon even the best relationship. If your single, this program has helped many women prepare for a healthy lasting relationship.
Regain your health and vibrancy! We were all designed for connection! Your fairytale can be true!
1Cor 7:17 Where you are right now is God’s place for you.
- None Found